Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Mastering The Moment

After my prayer time this morning, which consisted of my usual wrestling with God, He placed a word upon my heart that I want to share:

"Walk in what I've given you to master at this moment."

I wrestle with God.  A lot.  I try too hard, but that is only because I don't want to fail Him.  I've even heard Him tell me in my spirit..."You're trying too hard."  And I said, "But I want to try hard because I want to please you so badly."  I wrestle with Him.

I know that God sees my heart, but my own reasoning tells me that's not enough.  My reasoning tells me to "work out your salvation with fear and trembling..." (Phil 2:12).  My reasoning tries to align itself with God's word.  Which means I'm doing it backwards.  I'm approaching God's word through the lens of my own reasoning and that will always leave me frustrated.  Instead of trying to align my reasoning with God's word, I need to just leave out my own reasoning altogether because God's word can stand on Its own.  And when I let God's word stand on its own, I am able to focus on the other half of Phil 2:12 which continues on to say "...for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure."

And there you have it:  "Work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God Who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure."  It is God Who is at work in me.  My job is to submit.  My job is to obey.  My job is to search His word and live accordingly.  My job is to get victory in the area of my life He has set in my heart to work on.

Get victory in the area of your life God has set in your heart to work on.  Submit to God in the areas that He is convicting you about.  Hearken to His voice of instruction, for it is He Who is at work in you.  Abide in Christ by keeping His commandments.  Meditate on His words, for in them you will find truth and life. 

Walk in what God has given you to master at this moment.

"From Your precepts I get understanding; Therefore I hate every false way.  Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path." (Ps 119:104,105)

"You do not have His word abiding in you, for you do not believe Him whom He sent.... and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life." (John 5:38,40)

"I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned." (John 15:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment