Thursday, November 12, 2020

Israel Of Fire

“You will see with your eyes and not understand. But you will know in your heart.”

Jesus is real. And His kingdom is real. He will not share His glory with another. He will not share our hearts with another. Our longing must be for Him alone. We must not give Him lip service only, but we must cry out for Him with our hearts. “You will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord’” (Matt 23:39). This comes to pass when His people have nothing else to put their hope and faith in but Him. In this we have failed, and in this we will now be tested and proven.

“From my distress I called upon the Lord; the Lord answered me and set me in a large place. The Lord is for me; I will not fear; What can man do to me? The Lord is for me among those who help me; therefore I will look with satisfaction on those who hate me. It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man. It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in princes…O Lord, do save, we beseech You; O Lord, we beseech You, do send prosperity! Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord; we have blessed you from the house of the Lord. The Lord is God, and He has given us light; bind the festival sacrifice with cords to the horns of the altar. You are my God and I give thanks to You..” (Psalm 118:5-9 & 25-28)

Tie me to the horns of your altar, Lord
Let Your fire pass over me
Let Your fire consume me
Let Your fire consume all that is not of You
Let Your fire become my nature

All that I am belongs to You
Make me fire
All that I am belongs to You
Make me burn
All that I am is Yours
And You are a consuming fire

I saw a woman
Her face was aflame
Her hair was a flowing fire
Like the burning bush
She burned, but was not consumed
Because the fire was her nature

When Moses saw the burning bush
God spoke
He revealed Himself
Yet the woman I saw said nothing
She only burned
But she burned beautifully

If she could speak
What would she say?

“Under His glory a fire is kindled
Like a burning flame
The Light of Israel will become a fire
And His Holy One a flame
It will burn and devour both thorns and briars in a single day
His word is like fire
Like a hammer which shatters rock”

(1 Kings 1:50) And Adonijah was afraid of Solomon, and he arose, went and took hold of the horns of the altar. Now it was told Solomon, saying, “Behold, Adonijah is afraid of King Solomon, for behold, he has taken hold of the horns of the altar, saying, ‘Let King Solomon swear to me today that he will not put his servant to death with the sword.’ “ Solomon said, “If he is a worthy man, not one of his hairs will fall to the ground; but if wickedness is found in him, he will die.”

No comments:

Post a Comment