Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Cease Striving


I sit in silence at Your feet
Everything I am belongs to You
Make me something beautiful
Cut away all my ugliness
Shape me with Your presence

Divide me from error
With the sword of Your word
Place me in Your palm
And hold me close to Your heart
So close, I can hear it beating
And my steps fall in line
With its rhythm

Let me walk Your heartbeat, my Lord
Let my steps walk in time to Your desires
Make me one with You
And save me from myself


Cease striving
And know that I am God
Let all the earth
Sit before Me in silence
Let all mankind
Contemplate their Creator

What may be spoken
That I have not given?
What thoughts may be had
That I do not already know?
What can man do
That I cannot undo?
What is man
That I should fret at the work of his hands?

Foolish children
Sit in the dust
And lament your own ignorance
Oh church, lament your futile service
To a God that you do not truly know
Oh nations, lament your futile rebellion
Against an all-consuming fire

In the end
Only true knowledge of Me will save you
In the end
You will either shout for joy
Or whimper in terror
When I come from My holy dwelling
All the earth will
Cease striving
And know that I am God


"Why do the nations rage and the peoples plot in vain?
The kings of the earth take their stand and the rulers gather together against the Lord and against His Anointed one, saying,
'Let us break their chains and cast away their cords.'
The One enthroned in the heavens laughs; the Lord taunts them.
Then He rebukes them in His anger, and terrifies them in His fury, saying
'I have installed my King on Zion, upon my holy hill.'" (Ps 2:1-6)

"And there will be signs in the sun and moon and stars, and on the earth distress of nations in perplexity because of the roaring of the sea and waves. People fainting from fear, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near." (Luke 21:25-28)

"Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness!'" (Matt 7:22,23)

"God is our refuge and strength
A very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change
And though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea;
Though its waters roar and foam,
Though the mountains quake at its swelling pride. Selah.
There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
The holy dwelling places of the Most High.
God is in the midst of her, she will not be moved;
God will help her when morning dawns.
The nations rage, the kingdoms totter;
He raises His voice, the earth melts.
The Lord of hosts is with us;
The God of Jacob is our stronghold. Selah.
Come and see what the Lord has done,
The desolations He has brought on the earth.
He makes wars to cease to the end of the earth;
He breaks the bow and cuts the spear in two;
He burns the chariots with fire.
He says 'Cease striving and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.'
The Lord of Hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our stronghold. Selah." (Ps 46)

No comments:

Post a Comment