Saturday, February 6, 2021

Ministry Of Mercy


Can your heart be broken for the sinful pedophile
Or one who abuses your fellow man?
Can you weep with tears over the backslidden sinner
One who ignores all God’s commands?

Can you stand in the gap before the throne of heaven
Offering up the incense of prayer
For those who mock both you and God
With hearts full of rebellion and spiteful dare?

Can you stoop to your knees and wash the feet of Judas
Swallowing your pride and becoming meek
Serving the one whom you know will betray you
Putting a knife in your back swift and deep?

Can you pray against sin with fasting and sackcloth
Or do you prefer to shout from your box?
Can you ask God to soften your heart for sinners
To give you compassion and mercy for those who are lost?

What sort of God do we portray to others
What sort of Spirit fuels our work?
What remains hidden deep within our own heart
Where all our own blindness often lurks?

Oh Father may we bring our own hearts before You
May we humble ourselves as You lay our hearts bare
May we pray “Father search me and try me
That I may show others Your true Holy care.”
 
O Lord, as You ask these questions and examine our hearts
As you search our ways from so high above
May we yield to Your hand and tremble before You
As You teach us the true meaning of Calvary love

(Psalm 139:23,24) Search me, O God, and know my heart; Put me to the test and know my anxious thoughts; And see if there is any hurtful way in me, And lead me in the everlasting way.

(Psalm 19:12) Who can discern his own errors? Cleanse me from my hidden faults.

(Hosea 3:1) Then the LORD said to me, “Go show love to your wife again, though she is loved by another and is an adulteress. Love her as the LORD loves the Israelites, though they turn to other gods and offer raisin cakes to idols.”

(John 13:34 ) A new commandment I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you also must love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

(Matt 5:43 ) You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor’ and ‘Hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

(Posted on Facebook 1/29/2021 Talitha Koum)

No comments:

Post a Comment