Friday, February 5, 2016

More Than An Afterthought

We were created for intimate, eternal fellowship with God, to be a temple of glory for which God to reside and interact.

"Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them.." (Rev 21:3)
Read that verse again.....because that is the sole purpose of creation itself.  Even angels were created for mankind, "Are they not all ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation?" (Heb 1:14).  Scripture says that those whom are saved in Christ are spiritually seated with Him in heaven, "..and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus.." (Eph 2:6).  We are co-heirs with Christ to the kingdom of God, "The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him." (Rom 8:17).  And what is Christ heir to?  All of creation.  "For God has put all things in subjection under His feet.” (1 Cor 15:27).  Scripture tells us that there will come a time when those in Christ will even judge the angels, "Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? If the world is judged by you, are you not competent to constitute the smallest law courts? Do you not know that we will judge angels?" (1 Cor 6:2,3).  Are you starting to grasp the magnitude of spiritual riches and glory that God offers us through Christ?  Are you starting to comprehend what people are saying "no" to, when they deny Christ?

I've said this before and I will say it again because it's something we need to fully understand:  human beings are the apex of all creation.   I know many people to which this notion is utterly preposterous.  So many have been robbed of the joy and reverence that comes with the understanding of God's immeasurable love for us.  I will admit, sometimes it makes me uncomfortable because it's too much and I simply don't know what to do with it.  When I try to grasp God's immeasurable love for me, it makes me uncomfortable in my sin.  One thing I've learned over the years is that the closer I get to God, the more aware I become of my own sin.  The closer I draw to God, the more His light shines in my own life exposing the things within me that are contrary to His holy nature.  Our sin cannot hide from God.  The strange thing is, as I become more aware of my own wretchedness and need for salvation, instead of shrinking away in shame, I feel irresistibly drawn to Him.
We are all guilty of taking God's love for us for granted, each and every one of us, me included.  God literally moved heaven and earth to ensure that I would have a path to salvation through Jesus Christ so that I could spend eternity with Him.  He was thinking about me when He did that.  He was thinking about you too.   Yet there have been so many wasted days in my life, where God was more like an afterthought, rather than my purpose. 
Yet, I have always been His purpose.  I was His purpose from the inception of all creation.  And so were you.  We've never been, we are not, nor will we ever be an afterthought to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment