Monday, July 25, 2016

Eagle Of Salvation

I hear the storm
The thunder rumbles in the distance
The clouds have gathered
The sky grows dark
Will it rain down judgment?
For it is judgment we surely deserve
Your judgment, O Lord, will surely cover the earth as water

In Your wrath, remember mercy
Pour out Your mercy, O Lord
On those who seek Your face
Pour out Your grace, O Lord
On those who reach for You with both hands
Cry out to God, you who hunger for righteousness
Lift your face to heaven and implore, you who thirst for truth

O Lord, let Your holiness cover us as the wings of an eagle
The Great Eagle of our salvation
Carry us away
Away from Babylon and home to Zion
Carry us home to Your Holy Mountain
To the place where You dwell

"LORD, I have heard of your fame; I stand in awe of your deeds, LORD. Repeat them in our day, in our time make them known; in wrath remember mercy." (Habakkuk 3:2)

"LORD, who may dwell in your sacred tent? Who may live on your holy mountain? The one whose walk is blameless, who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from their heart;" (Psalm 15:1,2)

"Send forth your light and your truth, let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell." (Psalm 43:3)

"But the woman was given two wings of a great eagle to fly from the presence of the serpent to her place in the wilderness, where she was nourished for a time, and times, and half a time." (Rev 12:14)

"One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple. For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent and set me high upon a rock." (Psalm 27:4,5)

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled." (Matthew 5:6)

"On the last and greatest day of the feast, Jesus stood up and called out in a loud voice, 'If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink.'" (John 7:37)

No comments:

Post a Comment