Thursday, July 14, 2016

I Speak

Hold me close, Lord.
Show me the way;
The way to Your holy mountain.
Don't let me fear any potential mistakes I may make,
Just let me live in the sweet moment of Your grace.
Father, I seek Your face.
Tell me what I need to hear,
And help me die to the things I want
That serve only as hindrances and stumbling blocks in my path.

My child, I speak.
I speak through your circumstances.
I speak through those whom I have put in your path.
I speak in your dreams.
I speak through your children.
I speak through My written word.
Yet you say, "speak", as though you cannot hear.
You say, "speak", as though I am not always by your side.
You say, "speak", as though My love for you cannot withstand the storm.

The thorns and thistles of your life choke out My voice,
Yet you cling to them like roses.
You smear the ashes of old wounds on your face,
When I long to anoint you with the beauty of obedience.
I am the Good Shepherd.
Let Me cut away the thorns,
Let me wipe away the ashes,
Then you will see clearly the path to My holy mountain.

I am always speaking,
But you must be still and listen.
Quiet your spirit,
And you will hear My voice.

"..to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that He might be glorified." (Isaiah 61:3)
"And as for what fell among the thorns, they are those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by the worries and riches and pleasures of life, and their fruit does not mature." (Luke 8:14)

"And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake. And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still, small voice." (1 Kings 19:11,12)
"Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!  The LORD of Heaven's Armies is here among us; the God of Israel is our fortress." (Psalm 46:10,11)

"Send forth Your light and Your truth, let them lead me; let them bring me to Your holy mountain, to the place where You dwell." (Psalm 43:3)

No comments:

Post a Comment