Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Beholding The Furnace

I said, "I want to see You Lord.  Reveal Yourself to me as You truly are"
So He took my hand and began to lead
As He walked along, I followed
We walked many paths
Winding in one direction
And then another
All the while, hope filled my heart
In anticipation of the wonder
That I would surely soon experience
Surely soon, I would behold His glory
Surely soon, delight would fill me
As I gazed upon His true form

As we neared the end of the path
I knew, just ahead, all I had anticipated
Was just within reach
But to my dismay and horror
At the end of the path
Lay a rejected, rough-hewn cross

I cried out, "My Lord, this is not what I was expecting!"
He said, "My daughter, to know Me is to suffer"
I pleaded, "Is there any other way?"
He answered, "No. You must die"
I must die
I must be broken of my own understanding of myself
I must pass through the furnace
Because that is the only way
To see Him as He truly is on the other side
And behold Him in all His wonder


"The refining pot is for silver and the furnace for gold, but the Lord is the tester of hearts." (Prov 17:3)

"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone, but if it dies, it bears much fruit.  Anyone who loves their life will lose it, and anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it to life eternal.  Whoever serves Me, must follow Me, and where I am, there My servant will be also; if anyone serves Me, the Father will honor them." (John 12:24-26)

"You fool! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies." (1 Cor 15:37)

"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself for me." (Gal 2:20)

"In the same way, those of you who do not give up everything you have cannot be my disciples." (Luke 14:33)


No comments:

Post a Comment