Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Broken Tables


The legs of My tables of fellowship are broken
And cannot stand
The legs are broken
And my tables lean
They lean and the food slides off
And does not stay

No fellowship can be had
At these broken tables
No meals can be shared
No bread and wine of My presence
Can rest upon them

Come into My house and look
It is filled with broken tables
Broken tables where no one sits
And the food slides off onto the floor
Where it is eaten by dogs

My house is full of dogs and broken tables
Where are My people?
My people have left
Because they cannot sit at broken tables
Even if I give them food
It cannot sit on a broken table
And slides off onto the floor
To be eaten by dogs

In frustration
My people have wandered off
In search of food
Lest they eat from the floor with the dogs
Pray for these broken tables
Pray for the legs of these tables to be fixed
So that they may stand
Yes, so that they may stand
And hold My food

I have food for My people
I have many tables in My house
But they are broken
And need to be fixed
Pray for the bread of true fellowship
To be restored
That My people will return to My house
To sit at My many tables
And eat the abundance of My bread
And be filled


Moses placed the table in the tent of meeting on the north side of the tabernacle outside the curtain and set out the bread on it before the Lord, as the Lord commanded him. (Ex 4:22,23)

Over the table of the Presence they are to spread a blue cloth and put on it the plates, dishes and bowls, and the jars for drink offerings; the bread that is continually there is to remain on it. (Num 4:7)

"For My name will be great among the nations, from the rising to the setting of the sun. In every place, incense and pure offerings will be presented in My name, because My name will be great among the nations," says the Lord of Hosts. "But you profane my name with your actions. By bringing contemptible food, you are saying it is alright to defile the Lord's table. And you say, 'What a burden!' and you sniff at it contemptuously," says the Lord Almighty. "When you bring injured, lame or diseased animals and offer them as sacrifices, should I accept them from your hands?" says the Lord. (Mal 1:11-13)

Now the first covenant had regulations for worship and also an earthly sanctuary. A tabernacle was prepared. In its first room were the lampstand, the table, and the Bread of the Presence. This was called the Holy Place. (Heb 9:1,2)

Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is My Father Who gives you the true bread from heaven. For the bread of God is the bread that comes down from heaven and gives life to the world."...Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry and whoever believes in Me will never be thirsty...I am the bread of life." (John 6:32-48)

"First let the children have their fill," He said. "For it is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to the dogs." "Yes, Lord," she replied, "but even the dogs under the table eat the children's crumbs." (Mark 7:27,28)

You are the ones who have stood by Me in My trials. And I bestow on you a kingdom, just as My Father has bestowed on Me, so that you may eat and drink at My table in My kingdom, and sit on thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. (Luke 22:29)


No comments:

Post a Comment