Monday, February 25, 2019

Moving Mountains


I stand with my arms hanging at my side
I gaze upward at the massive, hulking mountain
It is obdurate, silent
Its arrogant defiance perversely majestic
Tier after tier
Of jagged rocks and craggy ledges
Accumulated over time
A collection of sorrows
Arranged in an anthem of ignorance
Each jagged rock and craggy ledge carefully
And strategically placed by the enemy
A stronghold of woes
A fortress of vanity

I stand with my arms hanging at my side
I gaze beyond the mocking, haughty summit
I am immovable, steadfast
My relentless hope furiously ablaze
Foothold after foothold
Among the jagged rocks and craggy ledges
Exposed and laid bare
A disassembling of strategy
Unarranged by a chorus of truth
Each jagged rock and craggy ledge graciously
And persistently overcome by faith
A stronghold of woes
Laid waste by a fortress of victory


"Behold, I am against you, O destroying mountain, you who devastate the whole earth," declares the Lord.  "I will stretch out My hand against you; I will roll you over the cliffs, and turn you into a charred mountain. They will not take from you even a stone for a corner, nor a stone for foundations, but you will be desolate forever," declares the Lord. (Jer 51:25,26)

Afterward the disciples came to Jesus privately and asked, "Why couldn't we drive it out?" He replied, "Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." (Matt 17:19,20)

"Have faith in God," Jesus answered. "Truly I tell you that if anyone says to this mountain, 'Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,' and has no doubt in his heart but believes that it will happen, it will be done for him.  Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. And when you stand to pray, if you hold anything against another, forgive it, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your trespasses as well." (Mark 11:22-25)

No comments:

Post a Comment