Tuesday, May 7, 2019

The Place Of No Words


The place of no words
God dwells here
God dwells in the place of no words
Because He is more than anything words can express
Because words cannot contain Him
He is the Word

You leave behind your words when you come here
And you take no words with you when you leave
You bring your heart and all that is in it
You lay it down before Him
As you bow down at His feet

Back away and surrender to examination
Drop your arms to your sides
Close your eyes and lay your head back
Let His gaze wash you clean
Let Him sort through the chambers of your heart
Do not try to grasp it from Him
As He turns it over and over in His hands
Let Him do His holy work

Oh Lord, I want to capture You in my words
So that I can shape you into something I can comprehend
I want to reel You in
And encircle You in a net of understanding
But You are words
You are understanding
And You cannot be possessed
Only experienced

Share Yourself with me
In this place of no words
Bring me to the place that is beyond words
To the place of knowing
To the place where wisdom dwells
And understanding reigns

How many have You brought to this threshold
Who turned and walked away
Because to walk through this door
Everything else must be left behind?

Take my hand and lead me through
Into the furnace blast of Your consuming fire
Burn away all that I am
So that only Your reflection remains


In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. (John 1:1,2)

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. (Prov 9:10)

Therefore, since we are receiving an unshakable kingdom, let us be filled with gratitude, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe. For our God is a consuming fire. (Heb 12:28,29)

And we, who with unveiled faces, all reflect the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into His image with intensifying glory, which comes from the Lord, Who is the Spirit. (2 Cor 3:18)

"Can a man hide in secret places where I cannot see him?" declares the Lord. "Do I not fill the heavens and earth?" declares the Lord. (Jer 23:24)

You have searched me and known me. You know when I sit and when I rise; You understand my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down; You are aware of all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, You know all about it, O Lord. You hem me in behind and before; You have laid Your hand upon me. (Psalm 139:1-5)



No comments:

Post a Comment