Monday, December 9, 2019

The Soul That Wants To Be Whole


Travail of soul
Is what I feel
My heart in knots
When I kneel

I come before You
Seeking grace
As dark surrounds
I seek Your face

Instead of joy
I feel angst and sorrow
Today I weep
And again tomorrow

In need of balm
My wounds and hurts
My mourning soul
Feels only thirst

The world is broken
And so am I
My hope draws near
Look to the sky

The dawn is coming
He rides the clouds
He brings His justice
To shame the proud

We wait, we pray
The time seems vast
T'il the day we shout
"We're whole at last"


Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. (Matt 5:4)

You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; You do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.  The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, You will not despise. (Ps 51:16,17)

For thus says the One Who is high and lifted up, Who inhabits eternity, Whose name is Holy:  "I dwell in a high and holy place, and with the oppressed and humble of spirit, to restore the spirit of the lowly and to revive the heart of the contrite." (Is 57:15)

The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; He delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. The righteous person may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all. (Ps 34:17-19)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name. Great is our Lord and mighty in power; His understanding has no limit. The Lord sustains the humble but casts the wicked to the ground. (Ps 147:3-6)

No comments:

Post a Comment