Monday, December 9, 2019

You Deserve


You deserve things I do not have to give

You deserve a trustworthiness, obedience, 
faith, and dependability that I do not possess.
And so I weep.

I weep because I want to give You things
that I cannot attain in my own power.
Because I lack.

I lack because You are the source of all that is good,
all that is right, all that is of true value and worth.
And so I long.

I long to be filled with those things that I may share them with You, 
that I may reflect back unto You the things You deserve to have.
Therefore I wait.

I wait as You shape trustworthiness, obedience, 
faith and dependability in me.
So I can be whole.

So can be whole and give You the things You deserve.


What a wretched man I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God, Who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord! (Rom 7:24)

Remain in Me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in Me. I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in Me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; for apart from Me, you can do nothing. (John 15:4,5)

His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of Him Who called us by His own glory and goodness. Through these He has given us His very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. (2 Peter 1:3,4)

No comments:

Post a Comment