Friday, July 31, 2020

He Knows You Well

I recently celebrated my 18 year wedding anniversary. There are many wonderful things I could say about my husband, but one of my favorites is that “he knows me well, and loves me anyway.”

My husband loves me even though there are things about me he would probably rather do without. My husband has patiently endured me working through my many flaws over the last almost-twenty-years. When he met me, I was like a wild, unbroken horse. They are nice to look at, but pretty useless for anything else. A wild horse is skittish, untrusting, wary. You can’t lead it, you can’t get close to it, it won’t take anything from you, and it only gives you frustration in return. They have marvelous potential, but you can only harness that potential by breaking them.

My husband has seen me at my worst and he loves me anyway. He knows my struggles, my weaknesses, my wounds and scars and he loves me anyway. My husband has put up with my junk, he has walked through the floods and fires beside me, and he loves me anyway. I love my husband because he loves me well, he loves me the way I need to be loved. In so many ways, God has used my husband to help me understand how He loves us.

God has seen you at your worst, and He loves you anyway. He knows your struggles, your weaknesses, your wounds and scars and He loves you anyway. God has put up with your junk, He has walked with you through the floods and fires. God loves us well, in every way we need to be loved. And even when those human beings who love us well may fail from time to time, even though their love for us isn’t completely perfect in every way all of the time, God will never fail and His love for us IS completely perfect, ALL of the time. In His perfect love, He asks us to turn away from the sin that destroys us and put our trust and faith in Jesus Christ, so that we may walk in restored relationship with our Creator.

God knows you well, and loves you anyway. He showed His great love for us by paying for our sins while we were still sinners, dying a humiliating death on the cross so that we may have eternal life through trust and faith in Jesus Christ.

But God proves His love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him! (Rom 5:8,9)

Then he took a cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you. This is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. (Matt 26:27,28)

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. (Matt 11:28-30)

No comments:

Post a Comment