Friday, July 17, 2020

Your Beginning Is My End


Death to self is not a pleasant thing.  It is an agonizing process, for the most part.  To die to your own perceived rights for the sake of God’s greater good, for the sake of Christ being formed in you, may sound easy enough, until God asks you to do it.  That is what God asked Jesus to do, to die to His own right to Himself, handing over His own will to the will of the Father.

End me
This long, slow suffering
Bespeaks of cruelty

End me
This silent, stealth torment
Bespeaks of savagery

End me
This lonely, painful walk
Bespeaks of desertion

End me
Bring me to the end
Ending me brings
The beginning

The beginning
This resurrection life
Bespeaks of partnership

The beginning
This potter-shaped vessel
Bespeaks of tenderness

The beginning
This fresh living water
Bespeaks of compassion

The end has become the beginning
This death has become new life
My pain has become sweet surrender
You have made me the apple of your eye

Your beginning is now my end
Your promises now line my path
Your salvation is now my story
Your mercy has replaced Your wrath

No comments:

Post a Comment