Thursday, October 20, 2022

It’s Okay To Struggle

 

“Struggling” doesn’t mean “failing”…


One of my students has been particularly down lately. A lot of changes are happening in this student’s life, and change can make us feel afraid of the unknown. This student has also encountered a lot of new academic material this year, particularly in my class, and challenges often tend to make us feel frustrated. As this student and I chatted during break, one of the things I asked during our conversation was, “How’s school going?” And the student responded, “I’m struggling.” 


And I looked this student square in the eyes and said, “Perhaps…..but struggling is not failing. It’s okay to struggle.”


(John 16:33) I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment