Monday, November 21, 2022

A Purpose And Plan


Crusty. Stale. Inedible. 


I made extra biscuits this morning. I knew that they wouldn’t be eaten. I knew that they would be left in the pan…crusty. stale. inedible. My children would have thrown these biscuits away. But I have a purpose for these biscuits that my children don’t know about. I have a plan in mind that my children are not aware of. 


As I carefully placed these biscuits aside until I’m ready to use them, I thought about the institution of the earthly church…crusty. stale. inedible. Vast numbers of believers are increasingly becoming aware of Christ knocking at the door of Laodicea. Many are coming out of the house that is desolate. They stand on the porch of the desolate house as the creditors come to collect. The bricks that built this house were borrowed from the ways of the world, and the world is a merciless financier. But the Lord will not leave us as orphans on the porch. 


In four days, I will crush these biscuits into pieces and use them to make a delicious cornbread dressing. I will take what is crusty, stale, and inedible, and I will crush it to turn it into something both desirable and nutritious. I will take what my children would have thrown away, and turn it into something else. Because I have a purpose that my children don’t know about… 


…I have a plan in mind that they are not aware of. 


(John 14:16-18) And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Advocate to be with you forever—the Spirit of truth. The world cannot receive Him, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him. But you do know Him, for He abides with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I am coming to you.


(Rev 18:4) Then I heard another voice from heaven say: “Come out of her, My people, so that you will not share in her sins or contract any of her plagues.”


(Hab 2:6,7) Will not all of these take up a taunt against him, speaking with mockery and derision: ‘Woe to him who amasses what is not his and makes himself rich with many loans! How long will this go on?’ Will not your creditors suddenly arise and those who disturb you awaken? Then you will become their prey.


(Jer 18:4) But the vessel that he was shaping from the clay became flawed in his hand; so he formed it into another vessel, as it seemed best for him to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment