Monday, January 18, 2021

Come Lord Jesus



I’m not even gonna try to act like I’m some kind of wise sage that always has something super deep and meaningful to say, because I don’t. Today as I wept and prayed I simply said, “Jesus please come back and sort out this gigantic mess we’ve made.”

I’m gonna be real honest here….religious people make me tired. I know that may sound terrible, and I know that some of you may be wondering what I mean since I’m constantly yapping about Jesus, but I’m just being painfully transparent. There are times where I look around at all our church-dom and think, “…I’m thinkin’ that you’re thinkin’ that you are helping God and speaking on His behalf, but I really don’t think you are. I’m thinkin’ you might be speaking from your own heart, not His.” I fear God, I tremble before Him because I am aware of my limitations and ignorance, so I often ask God to show me my wrong way of thinking. I pray for Him to not allow me to think I am doing Him a service when I’m really not. And lately I’ve been wondering if all of us are praying that like we should. 

I’ve taken a break from Facebook because it gets so loud on there. Everyone has something to say, something to teach. When I look at what church-dom has become I think of Isaiah’s words at 47:13, “You are wearied by your many counsels…” Lately, I have felt the weight of that in my soul. I look around and think to myself, “Do any of us really know? We’re all looking around thinking this or that person knows, but the only one who truly knows is Jesus, so I’mma stick with Him.” I’ve withdrawn for a little while because I don’t want to be just another voice adding to the confusion. I don’t want to be fodder, I want to give people real food. And honestly, as I sit here in the darkness and silence for a little while, I’ve asked God to teach me what real food is because sometimes I wonder if we really know anymore. Our counsels are so many—so many voices, so many perspectives of Scripture and opinions and teachings. Lord, help us we are drowning in a stormy sea of our own making. 

So, my prayer lately is for Christ to bring us back to the basics. To raze the monstrosity of church-dom to its foundation, so that He can build, instead of us. To close our mouths as we sit in the dust and remember we are dust. To sit in the darkness and silence for a little while so that we can learn to truly trust Him. So that we can really make sure we are hearing His voice, rather than our own. To make sure we are truly following Him, rather than someone else. Brothers and sisters, I say this as a plea that you may join me in my simple prayer: “Jesus please come back and sort out this gigantic mess we’ve made…”

(Psalm 127:2) Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor in vain; unless the Lord protects the city, its watchmen stand guard in vain. In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for bread to eat—for He gives sleep to His beloved.

(Isaiah 26:20,21) Go, my people, enter your rooms and shut your doors behind you. Hide yourselves a little while until the wrath has passed. For behold, the Lord is coming out of His dwelling to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity. The earth will reveal her bloodshed and will no longer conceal her slain. 

(John 21:20-22) Peter turned and saw the disciple whom Jesus loved following them…When Peter saw him, he asked, “Lord, what about him?” Jesus answered, “If I want him to remain until I return, what is that to you? You follow Me.”


No comments:

Post a Comment