Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Enter His Courts


I have this picture in my bathroom. My momma gave it to me because she said it reminded her of me. 


As I dried my hair yesterday and morosely contemplated my dirty house and all my unfinished tasks, I looked up at this picture and thought, “That giant stain on my carpet next to my nightstand is probably still gonna be there when I’m walking into heaven like that.” Arms outstretched, face gazing at the glory of the Lord, as I enter the eternal peace and presence of Christ….and that big ‘ol carpet stain still there, right next to my nightstand because I never got around to cleaning it. 


The Lord reminded me that my dirty carpet isn’t gonna matter when I’m walking into heaven. Then I started thinking about all the other things that take up our thoughts each day that aren’t gonna matter either.  Yesterday morning, I may not have spent time cleaning my carpet stain, but I did have my prayer time. I did read my devotional and contemplate the spiritual truths that were shared in it. So the stain on my carpet may not have been cleaned, but some stains on my soul were. 


As I gazed up at my picture, I began to imagine all the things that are going to be left behind when we finally make our walk into the eternal presence of the Lord. All the things that seem to matter now, that won’t matter then. All the things we spend our time on currently, that will bring us no eternal reward on that day. All the burdens we carry here, that we will not bring with us there. 


Because when we finally enter His holy courts, the only thing we will bring with us, is praise. 


(Psalm 100:3,4) Know that the LORD is God. It is He who made us, and we are His; we are His people, and the sheep of His pasture. Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and bless His name.


(Ps 84:1,2,4) How lovely is Your dwelling place, O LORD of Hosts! My soul longs, even faints, for the courts of the LORD; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God…How blessed are those who dwell in Your house! They are ever praising You.


(Psalm 95:1,2) Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD; let us shout to the Rock of our salvation! Let us enter His presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to Him in song.


No comments:

Post a Comment