Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Sharing Scraps

 

We are so quick to run off and share a morsel, when the Lord has yet to finish sharing a banquet with us.


I have been so guilty of this. During my prayer time this morning, the Lord began to pour beautiful truth into me and the first thing I wanted to do was stop praying and write it down so I could share it. Then I asked myself, “If I were sitting at the Lord’s feet, would I jump up to run off when He was in mid-sentence? Or would I sit in reverence, drinking in His words until He was done teaching?” And I began to lament all the half-understood truths and half-learned lessons I’ve shared over the years. 


The fullness of some truths take time for us to grasp. Our understanding increases in stages as we grow in maturity. I can look back over my life and see many nuggets of truth and scraps of understanding I was too quick to run off and share, before the Lord had ever finished bringing me into the fullness of them. This morning, I repented of all the times I surely cheated the Body of Christ by giving them less than what God had for them because of my own eagerness, impulsiveness, and impatience. Lord help me to be more like You. 


It is not wrong for us to desire to share the things the Lord gives to us, because His revelations are desperately needed in the Body. But at some point in our maturity, the Lord will begin to teach us of the patience of the Lord. Spiritual maturity necessitates learning how to wait upon and be led by the Spirit, because that reflects the character and nature of Christ. And since it is God’s will for us to be transformed into Christ’s image, it is also His will for us to mature into the embodiment of Christ’s character and nature. 


Which means we do not run off to merely share morsels, nuggets, and scraps, but we embody the patience of Christ which enables us to share God’s banquets. 


(Acts 18:24-26) [Apollos] was an eloquent man, well versed in the Scriptures. He had been instructed in the way of the Lord and was fervent in spirit. He spoke and taught accurately about Jesus, though he knew only the baptism of John. And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue. When Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they took him in and explained to him the way of God more accurately.


(Hab 1:2; 2:1,2) How long, O LORD, must I call for help but You do not hear, or cry out to You, “Violence!” but You do not save?… I will stand at my guard post and station myself on the ramparts. I will watch to see what He will say to me, and how I should answer when corrected. Then the LORD replied: “Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it…”


(Luke 24:25,27,44,45) Then Jesus said to them, “O foolish ones, how slow are your hearts to believe all that the prophets have spoken!… And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, He explained to them what was written in all the Scriptures about Himself… Jesus said to them, “These are the words I spoke to you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about Me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets, and the Psalms.” Then He opened their mind to understand the Scriptures.


(John 16:12) I still have much to tell you, but you cannot yet bear to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment