Friday, April 1, 2022

Trust Through Failure

“Mommy, I know how to do it now.”


She didn’t, of course, but I had to let her try. I had to let her see that she couldn’t. She had an idea of what to do, but I had to allow her to attempt an execution of what she thought she knew. And I had to allow her to fail. It was the only way for her to comprehend her lack of understanding. 


Understanding is not gained by making the right choice all the time. We do not gain spiritual enlargement because we always have perfect execution of what we think we know. The gamut of “knowing” spans in both directions from center— one way delving into the abyss of failure, the other way reaching toward the mountains of success. Complete understanding is comprehension of both. 


On my desk calendar, I have written at the bottom corner, “The Lord will perfect that which concerns me.” Each day I read it and consciously put my trust in Him, whether my day is a success or failure. Each day, I trust in His knowledge, wisdom, and understanding, rather than my own. Because each day, whether success or failure, the overcomer trusts in the Lord through both.


O Lord, let the land be covered in still and resolute trust in You, as the quiet, gentle dew covers the ground in the morning.


(Prov 3:5,6 AMP) Trust in and rely confidently on the LORD with all your heart And do not rely on your own insight or understanding. In all your ways know and acknowledge and recognize Him, And He will make your paths straight…


(Jer 1:11,12) And the word of the LORD came to me, asking, “Jeremiah, what do you see?” “I see a branch of an almond tree,” I replied. “You have observed correctly,” said the LORD, “for I am watching over My word to accomplish it.”


(1 John 5:3,4) For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome, because everyone born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world: our faith.




No comments:

Post a Comment