Saturday, May 21, 2022

Shown And Shone


We mustn’t ask ourselves, “What will people think?” We must ask ourselves, “Will Christ be glorified?”


There have been many times I have been tempted to not share a part of my spiritual journey for fear of what people may think. There have also been many times when I’ve shared a certain thing, and it was misunderstood or misinterpreted, and I was tempted to further explain myself or defend myself. The enemy is always seeking a foothold, whether it be to dissuade us at the outset or discourage us after-the-fact. 


I share details of my walk with the Lord to bear witness to His life-changing power (Rev 12:11). But even before I began sharing about my relationship with Christ, the enemy tried to convince me that the journey wasn’t needed. For years I was an alcoholic and so much of my life and identity was wrapped up in that lifestyle. The enemy tried to convince me that I wasn’t “that bad.” Then he tried to convince me that the changes I needed to make were too many and too much, and that it would cause a total upheaval in my life. “You’re not that bad”…. “You’re too bad to be fixed”— he was wrong about both. But he was right about the upheaval. 


Beloved family, I share this because I long for unity in the mind of Christ among us. And the mind of Christ will never say, “What will people think?” It will never say, “You aren’t that bad.” And it will never say, “You’re too bad to be fixed.” But it will say, “Will Christ be glorified?” Will Christ be shown and manifested in you? Will His glory and holiness and meekness and steadfastness be shone through you? Indeed, such showing and shining will cause upheaval, but do not fear. You will be held in the palm of His hand. 


O Lord, may You be both shown and shone through all You have sown in us. 


(Matt 5:14,15) You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a basket. Instead, they set it on a stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 


(Rom 8:18,19) I consider that our present sufferings are not comparable to the glory that will be revealed in us. For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed.


(John 10:28,29) I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them out of My hand. My Father who has given them to Me is greater than all. No one can snatch them out of My Father’s hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment