Wednesday, August 31, 2022

A Love Not Fragile


Fill me with incorruptible love.”


A few days ago, I thought I had offended a brother in Christ. I panicked as I began to imagine all sorts of ways the enemy could wedge his way in through misunderstanding and offense. I dropped to my knees and went to the Lord in prayer, asking Him to protect our genuine affection, to preserve our deep connection. As I prayed, the Holy Spirit gently communicated, “Do you really think my love that fragile?”


When I heard those words in my spirit, I sat back, my face still wet with tears and me full of the realization that yes, deep down inside it seemed I did think His love was that fragile. In that moment the Spirit began to minister to me about the true nature of God’s love— a love that is as strong as death. A love that is as unyielding as the grave. A love that burns like a blazing fire that many waters cannot quench, nor rivers wash away. 


This is the kind of love that disciples of Christ are called to have toward each other. A love not easily offended, nor one that keeps a record of wrongs. A love that bears all things and hopes all things, a love that always protects, always trusts, and always perseveres. A love that can be tested by the wrecking-ball of the enemy and not be found fickle, fragile, and wanting, because its incorruptible foundation is in Jesus Christ the Lord. 


Last night I had a dream. In the dream I was on my knees weeping, as I confessed both my need and desire to be filled with incorruptible love. O Lord, fill us with Your incorruptible love. 


(Rom 5:5) Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.


(1 Pet 1:22,23) Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart, having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever..


(1 Cor 15:52,53) For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

No comments:

Post a Comment