Sunday, August 28, 2022

Changing The Winds


Sometimes I wonder if my prayers change the winds 

If shipmasters look up to see the sails

Unexpectedly switch their billows from east to west


Sometimes I think about my travels in the dark place 

When I was destroying myself 

And allowing myself to be destroyed

It was so dark there 

But not so dark that the Lord couldn’t find me

Not so dark that He couldn’t reach me 

And lead me out


It took a long time to climb out of that place 

One day I laid on my bed in a fetal position 

I wept and cried out, “Oh Lord, send me an Angel!”

No angel came

Not one I could see, anyway 

But deliverance came

Salvation came…eventually

Because it took a long time to climb out of that place


Sometimes I think about all the mistakes I’ve made

Mistakes that seem vain and pointless 

Mistakes which seem like no discernible lesson was learned 

Mistakes that seem to have not shaped me at all

Other than exposing my selfishness and ignorance

Perhaps that was the lesson?

To face my own selfishness and ignorance 


Sometimes I wonder if my prayers change the winds 

Then I look up to see myself still here 

Unexpectedly switched from darkness to light


(Eph 5:8,9) For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light, for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness, and truth.


(Isaiah 42:16) I will lead the blind by a way they did not know; I will guide them on unfamiliar paths. I will turn darkness into light before them and rough places into level ground. These things I will do for them, and I will not forsake them.


(1 Pet 2:9) But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession, to proclaim the virtues of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.

No comments:

Post a Comment