Sunday, November 28, 2021

Sight For The Blind

Despite it all

Save me, Lord

Show my feet where they should go

In my struggle and my strain

Let it all not be in vain

Despite it all

May I endure the pain

To be set aright 

With You again


I feel so ignorant 

No one can help me beyond this cliff

This cliff of myself 

This cliff of human understanding

I peer over the side

But all I see is fog

I sit on this cliff and weep with longing 

My feet dangling like a child’s 

Over the edge of a chair 

Feet dangling in the temptation of despair 


I know that You dwell somewhere beyond 

Somewhere deep in the cloud

I want to be there with You

I want to dwell within the veil 

Away from all the things “Not You”

All the wrongness and delusion

But how do I separate myself from myself?

Oh God, I want to be free!


Child you are free

You are separated 

You are with Me


But Lord, how can this be?

I am blind

I cannot see


Child it is this confession 

That draws you near to Me

For it is those who say they are not blind 

Who are truly the ones that cannot see


(Isaiah 42:6,7) I will keep You and will make You to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles, to open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness.


(Psalm 146:7,8) He executes justice for the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The LORD sets the prisoners free, the LORD opens the eyes of the blind, the LORD lifts those who are weighed down, the LORD loves the righteous.


(John 9:35-41) When Jesus heard that they had thrown him out, He found the man and said, “Do you believe in the Son of Man?”.. “Lord, I believe,” he said. And he worshiped Jesus. Then Jesus declared, “For judgment I have come into this world, so that the blind may see and those who see may become blind.” Some of the Pharisees near him heard these things, and said to him, “What? Are we blind too?” “If you were blind,” Jesus replied, “you would not be guilty of sin. But since you claim you can see, your guilt remains.”


(Luke 18:40-43) When he had been brought near, Jesus asked him, “What do you want me to do for you?” “Lord, I want to see,” he replied. And Jesus said to him, “Recover your sight; your faith has made you well.” Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus, glorifying God.

No comments:

Post a Comment