Wednesday, November 17, 2021

The Table Of My Heart

 


As You stand at the door and knock 

And call out with Your shepherd voice 

May I throw open the door and answer You, 

“Beloved, you are my only choice”


Sit at the table of my heart, O Lord

Come in, and make Yourself at home

Set upon the table Your bread and Your wine 

Come in, and make my heart Your throne 


Forgive me, please, for all the times 

I tried to sit upon that throne myself 

Help me, Lord, to walk only with You 

May I never be led by anyone else


At the table deep within me 

You and the Father sit end to end

Like eternal pillars of all that is good 

Holding up holiness and delivering from sin 



(John 14:23,24) Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.”


(Rev 3:20,21) Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in and dine with him, and he with Me. To the one who overcomes, I will grant the right to sit with Me on My throne, just as I overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.


(1 John 5:3,4) For this is the love of God: that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome, because everyone born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world: our faith.