Friday, March 11, 2022

Drawn By The Father

“Momma, I’m going to pray.”


My seven year-old daughter came into the kitchen with her Bible tucked under her arm and announced she was going outside to pray. She walked over to grab a paper towel and said, “I’ve got my Bible and some paper towels, do I need anything else?” I said, “Nope, that’s it.” She’s seen me walk out to that barn a hundred times, so she was copying what she always sees me do. Because children copy their parents. 


I’ve made so many mistakes in my life. I’ve gotten so many things wrong. I’ve wandered from God and I’ve been found by Him, I’ve been punished by Him and I’ve been blessed by Him. He was faithful when I was not, He was sufficient when I had nothing to give. God saved me despite myself and I’m not sure where that fits into all our theologies about salvation, but there it is.


Right now, my seven year-old daughter is outside in the barn all by herself and she’s praying. Not because I told her to go out there, but because God called her. She’s out there praying seven year-old prayers to an infinite God. I don’t think she even knows why I take paper towels out there with me. And I don’t think I’ll ever have to tell her either, because God will show her Himself, just like He showed me. The Spirit of God will teach my daughter of Himself, and when He meets with her and she weeps…


…she’ll be ready…paper towels in hand. 


(John 6:44,45) No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day. It is written in the Prophets: ‘And they will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from Him comes to Me..”


(John 6:37,39,40) Everyone the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will never drive away…And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that I shall lose none of those He has given Me, but raise them up at the last day. For it is My Father’s will that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in Him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.


(John 6:64,65) “However, there are some of you who do not believe.” (For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray Him.) Then Jesus said, “This is why I told you that no one can come to Me unless the Father has granted it to him.”


No comments:

Post a Comment