Friday, March 25, 2022

Kneeling VS Bowing

“I will kneel before Him, but I will not bow.”


Yesterday morning, the Lord showed me in the Spirit a woman sitting at a table. A woman that symbolized the church. This woman was reflecting back over her life, all the choices and mistakes that were made. And as she realized more and more the true state of her heart, she said with downward eyes and trembling hands, “I will kneel before Him, but I will not bow.” It was a truth not spoken in defiance, but a confession spoken in the kind of anguish that is only caused by a heart-wrenching moment of clarity. 


In that moment, the Spirit ministered to me the difference between kneeling and bowing. Kneeling is an outer thing, bowing is an inner thing. You can kneel before someone without bowing to them— demons kneel before Christ, and every creature will bend the knee and confess that He is sovereign Lord. But wicked creatures will never bow to Him— they will never worship Him and serve Him in obedience as Lord. Because bending the knee and bending the heart are two completely different things. 


There are many in organized Christianity who may have bent their knee to Christ outwardly, but inwardly, their heart is bowed to Babylon. This is what the Lord wants us to understand for the sake of recognizing the true state of our heart and repenting while it is still day, before the night comes and no one can work. 


O Lord, search my heart and try my conscience; see if there be any waywardness in me or any delusion; purify my heart and cleanse my hands, that I may ascend your holy mountain. 


(John 9:4-7) “While it is daytime, we must do the works of Him who sent Me. Night is coming, when no one can work. While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.” When Jesus had said this, He spit on the ground, made some mud, and applied it to the man’s eyes. Go,” he told him, “wash in the Pool of Siloam”... So the man went and washed, and came home seeing.


(Rev 3:16-18) So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I am about to spit you out of My mouth. You say, ‘I am rich; I have grown wealthy and need nothing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind, and naked. I counsel you to buy from Me…salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.


(Dan 3:14-19) Nebuchadnezzar said to them, “Is it true… that you do not serve my gods or worship the image of gold I have set up?”… Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego replied to the king, “…let it be known to you, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the golden image you have set up.” At this, Nebuchadnezzar was filled with rage…



No comments:

Post a Comment