Wednesday, March 2, 2022

God Is Inevitable

There is an inevitability to God that is terrifying. 


When a soul finally comes to terms with the full-force of the fact that God is both Creator of all things and Sustainer of all things, surely it cries out like David, “Where can I go to escape Your Spirit? Where can I flee from Your presence?” And the answer to that cry is, “Nowhere.” We are intrinsically bound to Him, for better or for worse, not only because He is Creator and Sustainer, but also simply because the ontological purpose of our creation is to reflect His image. 


The ontology of humanity is God-ward. Despite our obstinate efforts and reasoning to have an existence that is mankind-ward or self-ward, no matter what direction we run from God, the end of our path will always be Him. As creatures made in the image of God, we can have no other destiny or purpose. A volcano cannot decide to be a dog, nor dog decide to be a volcano. We either embrace what we were created for or we reject it— God has given us no terms of compromise. 


As I sought the Lord in prayer this morning, asking about current world events and what is to come for us, He said, “We present no terms to the enemy. There are no terms to be presented, only the will of God to be carried out.” And as I contemplated His answer, I realized that what He said applies to us all. The enemy of God is not Russia, or our political or religious adversaries, or whomever we perceive as our worldly enemy. The enemy of God is anyone who rejects Jesus Christ. And the day will come when all those who have rejected Who and what they were created for, will realize that there is no bargaining with God…


… there is only His trustworthy and perfectly just will to be carried out. It is inevitable. 


(Matt 12:30) He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters.


(Ps 139:7,8) Where can I go to escape Your Spirit? Where can I flee from Your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, behold, you are there.


(Ezekiel 24:14) “I, the LORD, have spoken…It shall come to pass, and I will do it; I will not hold back, Nor will I spare, Nor will I relent; According to your ways And according to your deeds you will be judged,” Says the Lord GOD.


(Isaiah 46:9,10) Remember what happened long ago, for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me. I declare the end from the beginning, and from ancient times what is still to come. I say, 'My purpose will stand, and all My good pleasure I will accomplish.'



No comments:

Post a Comment